Alabama Medicaid recipients who qualify for HIPP benefit in many ways. Members receive:
- Coverage of group health insurance AND Medicaid as long as you qualify, including benefits Medicaid may not cover.
- Reimbursement for the cost of health insurance provided by a job or COBRA.
- Access to a wider network of doctors through group insurance coverage.
- Coverage of most out-of-pocket medical expenses by Medicaid, once the bill is received from a participating Medicaid healthcare provider.
- Health care for your entire family, even family members who are not eligible for Medicaid, if found to be cost-effective for the State of Alabama.
- Monthly reimbursements are paid directly to the policyholder by check or direct deposit as long they are in good standing with the HIPP program.
Applying for AL HIPP is easy! Click here to complete a HIPP application. Not sure if you would qualify? Need help? Call us at 1-855-MyALHIPP (1-855-692-5447) for assistance.